Obtaining a positive outcome from meetings and negotiations – whether formal or informal - can be a challenging task, and something that many of us struggle with. Working in a multilateral setting adds an additional layer of complexity.
Delivered over two days, this workshop will give you a stronger technical understanding of how multilateral negotiations work and how to prepare for them, as well as a very practical opportunity to work on techniques to help you understand the impact you have on others and find ways to flex your behaviours to reach the most successful outcomes. During the practical exercises you will have an opportunity to test out your learning in a simulated and safe environment, and receive feedback and focused coaching to strengthen your negotiating impact.
You will leave the workshop with:
- Increased awareness of negotiation complexity in multilateral settings;
- Improved analysis of your own negotiation methods and those of others;
- More confidence in dealing with tensions, differences, and conflicts in negotiating contexts and in the workplace;
- Practised skills and techniques that you can take back into the workplace;
- Focussed coaching on how to deal with the specific negotiating issues that you face.
Deadline for registration 23 September 2013
The workshop will take place on Monday, 30 September and Tuesday, 1 October 2013 between 9am and 5pm.
The workshop will take place at Musée Ariana, Avenue de la Paix 10, 1202 Geneva.
The workshop will be conducted in English. Participants will be provided with a set of background material at the beginning of the event. Prior to the workshop participants will be required to fill in a short pre-training questionnaire to allow the trainers to tailor the workshop to individual needs and to prepare for role-plays.Participants who have followed the workshop in its entirety will be awarded a certificate.
Registration for the workshop has to be done online, clicking on the box "How to register" higher on this page.