This programme is customised for diplomats from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saudi Arabia. It will cover topics to increase the participant’s professional capability to speak in a range of public situations, both formal and informal.
Participants will explore key areas that will enhance their public speaking abilities, such as an introduction to planning and preparing presentations. They will also focus on enhancing their professional images to be more confident in formal and informal speaking, and apply the practical skills learnt to preparing speeches in a foreign policy context.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand practical tools for speaking with confidence in any professional setting; including high-stakes negotiations, presentations, and answering difficult questions
- Identify the skills to convey an important message while using engaging delivery methods
- Understand how to calm their nerves and strengthen their voice
- Apply peer feedback on their speaking strengths and areas of improvement and build a culture of mentorship and capacity building.
The workshop is seperated into four sections which will take place over the course of 8 days.
1. Presentation Skills (2 days)
2. Impact for Authentic Presentation and Networking Skills (2 days)
3. Speech Writing for Diplomats (2 days)
4. Team and Individual Coaching and Feedback (2 days)
Participants will be engaged in a series of lectures, presentations and group assessment activities.
18 diplomats from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saudi Arabia.