The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
The event aims to present and explore the 17 Sustainable Development Goals from a project management approach.
By the end of this event, participants will be able to:
- Describe the 17 SDGs and the 2030 Agenda to better understand them and the challenges in achieving it.
- Create a space for collaboration, negotiation and communication to promote and understand the SDGs as well as the self-reflection skills, values, attitudes and motivations that enable learners to develop them.
- Share examples and good practices where the work of political authorities and other local administrations can contribute towards these goals.
MODULE 1: The Sustainable Development Goals in the 2030 Agenda.
MODULE 2: Methodology and data.
MODULE 3: Ecotraining.
MODULE 4: Six transformations to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
MODULE 5: International development cooperation.
MODULE 6: The SDGs, a framework to address the post-COVID-19 economic crisis.
The course is internet-based, through the EOBS platform: https://www.odscertificado.org/lp-ods-project-management/
The course is moderated by a CIFAL Malaga expert on SDGs and EOBS trainers, synchronous, and places emphasis on online discussions. The course will consist of the following components:
- External links to additional books, articles, documents, and websites related to the modules;
- Quizzes and case studies at the end of the course. To be eligible for the course certificate, a passing grade of 80% on the final quiz is required;
- A community discussion board will be available for participants in order to post questions or comments that will be visible to the instructor and other participants.
Open to public