This massive open online course (MOOC) provides key information and tools on how to strengthen the engagement of stakeholders from different sectors and levels in the implementation and follow up of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This course is a self-paced course requiring around 10-12 hours of effort in total.
This event complements a range of other capacity development activities being rolled out, among other, by UN Secretariat to meet the needs of both governments and other stakeholders with regards to the 2030 Agenda and HLPF process.
- To describe the rationale behind the need for Governments to engage with major groups and other stakeholders MGoS in formulating and reviewing SDG policies;
- To map key national stakeholders with a special focus on those who are the furthest behind;
- To assess the relevance of different models of engagement practiced by other countries as part of VNRs in their respective countries;
- To identify practical ways to engage with key national stakeholders, including. vulnerable groups, in the context of preparations for VNRs;
- To develop long-term strategies for ensuring continuous stakeholder engagement as part of regular national review processes for the SDGs.
- Module 1. Understanding the need for stakeholder engagement in the 2030 Agenda at the national level
- Module 2. Learning about approaches and tools for strengthening stakeholder engagement for the SDGs
- Module 3. Designing successful strategies for stakeholder engagement in national implementation and review processes for the 2030 Agenda
This e-learning course consists of three modules developed around the overall learning objectives, as well as second-level learning objectives specific to each module. Each module has 3 units and an objective assessment.
This e-learning course targets governmental officials but also other stakeholders such as UN staff, local governments, civil society and others who expressed an interest in taking this course.
Upon registration for the course, you would receive an e-mail with instructions on how to enroll for the course. Should you not receive it within an hour of successful registration, please kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.