The main intention of hosting such a Webinar about Homelessness is to raise awareness about the phenomenon and global challenge of Homelessness within the Sustainable Development Agenda (Agenda 2030) and also to encouarge stakeholders around the globe to take formal steps to deal with such challenges.
Homelessness is a global phenomenon that is highly prevalent in many cities across the world. There has been a number of programmes directed at homelessness in the City of Durban (eThekwini Municipality). It will be beneficial to share experiences around this global phenomenon and it is for this reason that Cifal Durban and its partners has undertaken to collaborate with Unitar and Cifal York to host this Webinar.
Raise the importance of sustainable support to alleviating homelessness, its challenges and lessons learned from a South African and Canadian perspective.
At the end of the Webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Share experiences and ideas on homelessness during COVID-19.
2. Have a definite definition of Homelessness.
3. Formalize a policy position, framework, uniform norms, standards and procedures.
4. Deliberate on uniform support, funding and budget mechanisms.
5. Determine the kind of social infrastructure needed to support homeless people.
6. Align the support with human rights.
7. Establish roles and responsibilities of different stekeholders.
The virtual session will be hosted via Zoom and will be conducted as a panel discussion facilitated by a moderator, with a time dedicated for discussion with the audience.
It is hosted in the form of a 4-panelist virtual roundtable discussion.
- Municipal Political Leadership and Management
- Officials from Government Departments
- Professionals from Professional Organisations
- Lecturers from Academic Institutions