The second STRIKE webinar "Mercury in mind – challenges in trade control with new international mercury agreements" organized by SCYCLE UNITAR will take place on Wednesday 23rd June 2021, 11-12:30am CEST. The webinar will highlight why illegal trade in mercury metal, mercury-added products and mercury-bearing waste needs to be targeted in the enforcement sector, and give and overview trade-relevant legislation on mercury globally and regionally.
Partnership with Africa Institute for the Environmentally Sound Management of Hazardous and Other Wastes.
1. Opening remarks and presentation on the speakers
2. Short presentation of the STRIKE project
3. Overview of the concerns and legislation associated with mercury trade
4. Mercury trade in the African context
5. Q&A / Discussion
· Jakob Maag, UNITAR
· Joseph Molapisi, Africa Institute