Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 2 марта 2014
In today's economic and social environment, issues related to social responsibility and sustainability are gaining more importance, especially in the business sector. Business goals are inseparable from the societies and environments within which they operate. Whilst short-term economic gain can be pursued, the failure to account for longer-term social and environmental impacts makes those business practices unsustainable.
At the international level, the United Nations Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption.
UNITAR proposes this course to introduce participants to the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). CSR is presented as a management concept and a process that integrates social and environmental concerns in business operations, and a company’s interactions with the full range of its stakeholders.
The overall objective of the course is to enable professionals from private companies, NGOs, International Organizations and Governments who wish to be involved in CSR, to define Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and apply such concept in their institutions and day-to-day projects.
- Recognize the importance of CSR
- Define the concept of CSR and Differentiate CSR from Corporate Philanthropy
- Identify needs for CSR and apply the concept in day to day project
- Describe CSR from a United Nations perspective
- Recognize the importance and role of ISO 26000 in providing guidance on social responsibility
Содержание и структура
The course consists of 4 modules as follow:
- Module 1: An introduction to CSR
- Module 2: CSR Definitions
- Module 3: The United Nations on CSR
- Module 4: International Principles and Standards on CSR
Each module contains the following components:
The course also comprises:
The course is composed of four modules that will be covered in three weeks, corresponding to 20 learning hours. Each module includes lessons that provide the core content. There are also reflection and collaborative exercises that invite participants to watch videos, reflect on their social and economic environment and discuss in partially facilitated discussion groups. Participants also engage in case study analysis, gaining a better and more practical understanding of CSR.
At the end of the modules, participants are required to complete assessment activities, including quizzes to test their understanding and a practical activity where they use the acquired knowledge to analyze a specific CSR strategy.
Participants can follow these learning materials and activities in a flexible way, choosing the learning pace that is most adequate to them while respecting some general deadlines.
The course aims to address the needs of professionals in private companies, NGOs, International Organisations and Governments who wish to be involved in CSR or are currently involved in CSR, and aim to apply and embed the concept of CSR in their institution.
Participants are required to complete the following assessment activities:
- 4 quizzes at the end of each module, accounting for 75% of the overall final grade.
- 1 practical activity at the end of module 2, accounting for 25% of the overall final grade.
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- MODEM: 56 K;
- Platform: Windows 95 or later versions, Mac OS 9 or OSx;
- A good internet connection is necessary
- Browser: IE, Mozilla Firefox, etc.;
- Software: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To download the course flyer, please click here.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте