Local and Regional Governments are called to be the promoters, entrepreneurs, coordinators and administrators of municipal development and its territorial environment, even more in a model of Advanced Decentralized Democracy, to achieve maximum economic-social profitability, within a framework of security, coexistence and complete integration.
Its function is paramount, since it is not only their responsibility to participate in the defense and improvement of the interests of Urban and Rural Communities, but also to contribute to the better development of public services and other activities, with the participation of the community, and which result in a harmonious and sustainable economic and social development, contributing to the improvement of the quality of life, economic, social, formative, and cultural of its inhabitants, through efficient public management.
To provide intercultural tools and a space to knowledge-exchange on the new modes of public governance at the local level to be better prepared to face the challenges of economic, social, security and integration.
To provide capacity-building on gender equality and participatory democracy
To undertake reforms that grant humans equal rights to economic resources, as well as access to property and control of land and other goods, financial services, inheritance and natural resources, in accordance with national laws.
To analyse and strengthen sound policies and applicable laws to promote gender equality and the empowerment of all people and kids at all levels.
This event is comprised of the following topics:
- General Framework of Territorial Governance in the Cross-Border Area
- Status of Advanced Public Policies in Aspects
- Social and Integration of Citizenship.
- Economic and Social Aspects in Public Policies.
- Advanced in Cross-Border Zones.
- Participatory Session with Associative Entities of the City of Tetouan on the Actions Implemented in Collectivities
- Local Social and Integration: Dual Vision Spain-Morocco
- Challenges of the New Territorial Governance: Security and Coexistence in Local Communities
- Territorial Governance Under the Prism of the Economic Approach and Social
This event is comprised of lectures, practical exercises and question and answer sessions.
Mayors, Vice-Mayors, Councilors, Entrepreneurs and Businessmen, Employees of the municipal and regional administration, University Students, Social and Economic Leaders, Entities of the Civil Society and NGOs.