Individual Contractor/Consultancy - Green Economy Training and Capacity Development
Green Economy Training and Capacity Development
UNITAR is one of the founding members of the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE), a joint initiative of UNEP, ILO, UNIDO and UNITAR. The Institute focuses specifically on green economy learning and capacity development, including e-learning, face-to face-learning and institutional capacity development in PAGE partner countries.
• Contribute to the development of national green economy learning action;
• Design green economy training materials and learning packages that effectively achieve specific learning objectives;
• Deliver and evaluate training activities;
• Support methodology development and international cooperation to strengthen institutional capacities in countries to design and deliver green economy learning activities;
• Coordinate the up-dating and implementation of an introductory e-learning course on the green economy;
• Support coordination with international partners;
• Prepare communication and outreach materials;
• Provide project management support and assist with programme reporting;
• Supervise the work of interns and trainees;
• Support the programme with other tasks, as appropriate.
Applicants should have a university degree in Environmental Science, Political Science, Economics or another relevant discipline. A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in green-economy related areas is desired. Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of training activities and experience in working with developing countries is an asset.
Professionalism – Sound knowledge in the field of green economy, including green economy concepts and principles, policy tools, national planning processes, and international support programmes; knowledge of training methodologies and instructional design process, practices and principles for the development of training materials and events; knowledge of technology-enhanced learning solutions, including virtual learning environments, and the use of collaborative tools and techniques to support learning activities; training and facilitation skills; practical experience in project management and project evaluation; good research, analytical and problem-solving skills; familiarity with various research methodologies and sources.
Planning & Organizing – Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize own work programme, delivering results and quality work, including when working under pressure; efficient, reliable and conscientious.
Communications – Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and presentation), including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written documents, such as training materials, reports, studies, strategies, and other communication materials; articulating ideas in a clear and concise style.
Technology Awareness – Proficient in computer skills with ability to use a variety of software and other applications, including knowledge of graphic software. Knowledge of learning management systems or any type of technology-enhanced learning software is an advantage.
Teamwork – Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with multiple constituencies and to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Fluency in oral and written English; sound knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an advantage.
16 August – 31 December 2013, with possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of motivation (no longer than one page) as well as a CV by 22 July 2013 the UNITAR Environmental Governance Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Green Economy”).