Intern, Social Media and Web content management
Social Media and Web content management Internship/Traineeship, Communication and Information Technology Support Section
Terms of Reference
Organizational Unit: Communication and Information Technology Support Section
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Title: Intern, Social Media and Web content management
Area of Specialization: communication, marketing, public relations, website content development and management
To assist UNITAR in implementing its communication strategy and work plan, managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) issuing UNITAR Newsletter and updating the website through relevant editing and innovative communication instruments and producing quality printed communications material.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Assist in improving on-line communication about UNITAR’s work and achievements, through the website and existing 2.0 web tools (Facebook, twitter and YouTube etc.) and other media tools (photos, videos, podcasts etc.).
- Assist in drafting and editing content of news and In Focus section for the UNITAR’s website and improving quality/style in line with the UNITAR’s editorial guidelines (Writing Style Guidelines) and UN Editorial Standards.
- Assist in analyzing website traffic and social media engagement by using analytics tools.
- Help programmes in drafting and editing a course announcement HTML template, and assist in disseminating the announcement using an email marketing tool.
- Participate in the communication working group, researching relevant documents, preparing background information note, and compiling data.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Learn about impact-oriented communications and communications management in a UN environment
- Learn about HTML editing tool and email marketing tool
- Gain experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
Staff and collaborators of the work unit, and of other programmes, departments and units within the Institute.
Measurable outputs / deliverables / schedule of deliverables:
- Quality and timely delivery of social media contents, website articles, other support services following a set schedule
Performance indicator for evaluation of results:
- Social media tools updated daily
- Articles posted on the website
- Reports on log analysis prepared
University degree in communication, journalism, marketing, business administration, or related field and/or professional experience in these areas. Experience in working with social media is a must. Experience in website development and content management system, and knowledge of HTML is preferred. Experience in image editing software (InDesign, photoshop, illustrator, fireworks, etc.) is a desirable.
Language: Excellent command (both written and spoken) of English and French. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Akiko Pérona, Chief, Communication and Information Technology Support Section
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and letter of motivation to email@example.com