Revolutionize your career in the health sector with our game-changing partnership! UNITAR and Empower School of Health have joined forces to bring you the latest in online Masters and Postgraduate Diplomas in Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management. In addition, our exclusive webinar series will keep you up-to-date with the latest industry trends and practices. Discover how this partnership can empower you to take your career to the next level.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN GLOBAL HEALTH PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (in English and French)
Over the last ten years, there have been massive changes in the field of public health. The funding levels available for various diseases have also increased. The net result has been the emergence of a much greater need for specific skill sets in areas such as Global Health, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM), Leadership Management, and many other spheres, which are critical to operating effectively from a global perspective. Healthcare programs typically spend between 40 – 50% of the overall budget on public health commodities, therefore efficient management of the health commodities that are being distributed is of paramount importance.
There is limited availability (largely due to affordability) for professional skill development programs which address the needs of the public sector. Therefore, Empower School of Health and UNITAR provide a strong link between Public Health, Healthcare Management, and Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) addressing all the needed skill sets whilst still being affordable for low-income countries.
UNITAR and Empower’s Master of Science in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management is being offered to students in 2 ways:
- 24-month online programme – to all students who fulfil the required criteria
Click here to register for the 24 month Masters in English
Click here to register for the 24 month Masters in French
2. 12-month online programme – to students who have completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management from Empower School of Health.The course prepares the participants for the world of procurement and the supply chain of healthcare products. Students get growth opportunities, internships in Ministries of Health, UN agencies, donors' programs and international NGOs.
Click here to register for the 12 month programme in English
Click here to register for the 12 month programme in French
ONLINE POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN GLOBAL HEALTH PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH)
The Post Graduate Diploma in Global Health Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) is a 12-month online programme, specially designed by Empower School of Health in collaboration with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). This is a 12-month self-paced course and has 8 modules covering all key topics. For the last two months, the candidate works on a ‘problem-solution’ focused research project that is related to their organization or country.
On completion of this course, the student will be awarded a joint diploma certificate from Empower School of Health and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research
The course is targeted at health professionals in public health programs (donors, government, NGOs, civil society, academia) and people interested in becoming supply chain/logistics professionals.
Candidates are required:
- To be able to operate confidently in both written and spoken English language.
- To be able to commit at least 25 hours per month for 11 months.
- To have completed, at minimum a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Prior work experience is preferred, though not necessary.
For more information and to register (in English), click here.
For more information and to register (in French), click here.
- Public Sector Leadership: Strengthening Post-Crisis Supply Chain Resilience (November 24, 2022), To watch the recording click here.
- The Future of Supply Chain Management in the Health Industry (February 23, 2023 ), To watch the recording click here.
- Achieving SDG3: Strengthening National and Local Capacity to ensure healthy lives (April 27, 2023), To watch the recording click here.
- Creating Green, Sustainable Supply Chains in a Circular Economy (June 8th, 2023) To watch the recording click here.
To stay informed on upcoming webinars follow UNITAR and Empower School of Health on social media
About Empower School of Health
Empower is a capacity-building organization that has worked across 100+ countries in multiple languages to strengthen the institutional and HR capacity of global health & humanitarian programs through online courses and face-to-face training. Visit the Empower website to learn more.