Individual Contractor - Administrative Assistant
The Social Development Programme Unit (SDPU) of UNITAR provides training to local actors to enhance their capacity to achieve sustainable development in their areas of influence, with a particular focus on the Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030. At the core of the training activities are workshops and seminars, many of which are implemented through a network of sixteen regional training centres for local authorities and leaders – the CIFAL Global Network – as well as e-learning courses. In addition, there are training activities directly implemented by the SDPU team in Geneva.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of the Social Development Programme Unit (SDPU), the individual contractor shall undertake tasks related to human resources matters, administrative management, and logistics of capacity building events.
- Support the administrative management of the Programme Unit, by drafting and requesting contracts for personnel
- Support the administrative management of the Programme Unit, by completing procurement requests and processes
- Support the SDPU team in the delivery of training activities as appropriate, including with logistical coordination
- Successful administrative management support provided to the Programme Unit
- Successful logistical support provided to the Programme Unit
- Appropriate running of the administrative and logistics related tasks assigned
- Appropriate running of the administrative management tasks assigned
The incumbent will report to the Manager, SDPU
- Education: Preferably a holder of a university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in business administration or other related field. Though those who have substantial experience are more than welcome to apply
- Proven experience in administration, human resources and procurement procedures in a UN organization
- Experience in human resources and procurement processes in international international organizations is desired
- Motivated to work in an international setting
- Other skills: IT skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) are required.
- Language: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language would be an advantage.
Candidates are invited to submit their application as soon as possible and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Due to the high number of expected applications, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.