- High school students from Asia Pacific can apply to the Youth Ambassador Asia Pacific Programme 2022.
- Participants will develop and practice skills in critical thinking, innovation, entrepreneurship, communication and leadership.
- The 10-week programme will run from 24 September 2022.
- UNITAR Division for Prosperity launched the programme in 2021 to educate and empower the youth about the most pressing issues affecting global recovery and the relevance of the SDGs.
- Deadline for applications is on 9 September 2022.
6 July 2022, Hiroshima, Japan – Calling for Asia-Pacific high school students (aged 15–18 years) with a passion for global affairs and engaging with the international community! The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and ITS Education invite you to apply to the Youth Ambassador Asia Pacific Programme 2022.
The programme will run for 10 weeks, starting 24 September 2022. Focusing on innovation and impact to advance Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Youth Ambassadors will join webinars on Saturdays and online and in-person mentoring sessions. Students from the Asia-Pacific region can participate.
By the end of the programme, participants will have insights into SDGs best practices and global trends in social entrepreneurship. They will join a network of experts and common-minded peers in the Asia-Pacific region and collaborate on developing innovative solutions to global and social issues. The programme will culminate with final presentations of the individual capstone projects.
Through the programme, Youth Ambassadors will develop skills in
- critical thinking
To be selected for the programme, you must:
- be a high school student in the Asia-Pacific region, between 15–18 years of age
- have a recommendation from your school
- have good spoken and written English skills
- be committed to complete the programme
- be passionate to succeed and make a positive impact on your community
Young people have much to contribute in promoting peace and security, human rights, and sustainable development in all corners of the globe. The United Nations recognizes this in its Youth2030 Strategy and aims to engage with and support young people to create a more peaceful and sustainable world.
The deadline for applications is on 9 September 2022.
Information is also available at: https://www.itseducation.asia/sdg-youth-ambassador-programme.php