19 February 2021, Geneva, Switzerland -The Introduction to Green Economy course is now available in Romanian. This newly developed version of the course has been launched on the occasion of the annual high-level event “Green Economy – Made in Moldova” on 29 January 2021. UNEP, one of the implementing agencies of the EU-funded EU4Environment programme, along with UNITAR, has brought to life the version in Romanian, expanding the number of languages available for this course to 6: English, French, Spanish, Ukrainian, Mongolian and Romanian.
This 10-hour course is hosted on the UN CC:Learn e-Learning platform platform and can be completed at your own pace. It is free of charge and upon completion, learners gain a certificate.
It includes basic concepts, policy instruments and international frameworks that promote inclusive green economies at all levels. The course consists of five modules with interactive exercises that reinforce the readers learning.
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the rationale and core concepts for moving away from business-as-usual practices and towards an inclusive green economy;
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies;
- Outline principal opportunities and challenges to greening key sectors of the economy;
- Provide examples of enabling national and sectoral strategies and planning;
- Distinguish international frameworks and initiatives in support of an inclusive green economy.
This course is open to policy-makers, businesses, and the general public.
Are you interested? Have a try here.