- UNITAR joins the Global Alliance for Social Entrepreneurship. It is a World Economic Forum initiative hosted by the Schwab Foundation.
- The Global Alliance, formerly known as the COVID Response Alliance was launched in April 2020 to mobilize support for social entrepreneurs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The annual meeting of World Economic Forum will be held in Davos, Switzerland from 22 May to 26 May 2022.
- The Global Alliance will launch its next phase of work focused on engaging with public and private leaders in support of the social innovation ecosystem.
- UNITAR has been running training programmes on Social Entrepreneurship in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kenya, South Sudan, and countries in the Sahel region.
The Global Alliance, formerly known as the COVID Response Alliance was launched in April 2020 to mobilise support for social entrepreneurs on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. At the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos (22 – 26 May 2022), the Global Alliance will launch its next phase of work focused on engaging with public and private leaders in support of the social innovation ecosystem. The Alliance is entering its next phase with 100 leading global organisations committing to strengthen the innovation ecosystem and empower more than 100,000 social entrepreneurs in their pursuit of building a just, inclusive and equitable society.
The Alliance collaborates on several key areas with direct relevance to UNITAR, including expanding and streamlining access to high-quality non-financial resources for social enterprises across the world. UNITAR brings to the collaboration our expertise in supporting social entrepreneurs in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kenya, South Sudan, and countries in the Sahel region, and will connect our network of alumni and learners with like-minded contributors from around the world.
We have a blueprint for the future we want: the vision captured in the Sustainable Development Goals. Social entrepreneurship embodies the imagination and creativity we need to achieve this vision. And we have no time to waste. - Nikhil Seth, Executive Director, UNITAR.
For more information: Global Alliance for Social Entrepreneurship
About UNITAR, Division for Prosperity
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) offers innovative learning solutions to enhance global and country-level action for a better future. The Division for Prosperity, based in Hiroshima, Japan, trains present and future change-makers from developing countries, particularly youth and women, to address growing inequalities and shape an inclusive, sustainable and prosperous world.