UNITAR, CIFAL Merida and ITAérea Aeronautical Business School present the Master in Sustainable Air Transport Management (MATSM) that aims to equip participants with knowledge and training in air transport, management of airports, air navigation, aeronautical industry, and international air law. This programme promotes sustainable management in all sectors of air transport in light of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Sustainability in business is both a challenge and an opportunity. A company that incorporates sustainable concepts and policies into its culture will be more competitive and more prepared for the challenges of the market, in addition to being less polluting, more efficient, and having a better image and reputation nationally and internationally. Understanding air transport management from a holistic perspective and having the opportunity to delve into all its branches is very useful for professionals in this sector. The MATSM provides the opportunity to learn from top experts and managers of the air transport sector from more than 10 different countries in Europe, America, Asia, among others, as well as to study case studies related to the sustainability of the aviation sector.
Structure and content
The MATSM is comprised of five specialized thematic modules and a Master thesis. The modules are complemented with case studies to provide a holistic understanding of the matter.
- Module I: Sustainable Management of the Airports
- Module II: Sustainable Management of the Airlines
- Module III: International Air Law
- Module IV: Sustainable Management of the Air Navigation
- Module V: Sustainable Management of the Aeronautical Industry
- “Airport planning in airports with less than 10 M passengers in South America”
- “Asset management and maintenance at UK airports”
- “Salvador Bahia Airport, the most sustainable airport in Brazil”
- “Environmental management at Juan Santamaría International Airport, San José, Costa Rica”
- “The efficiency of small airports in the Nordic countries”
- “The airports of the future”
- “Route planning, fleet management, organizational structure and sustainable aviation in the main airlines”
- “Sustainability of airspace and new concepts of air navigation”
- “Lean manufacturing of aircraft”
- “Electric and hybrid aircraft”
The MATSM is a 12-month programme.
Format and admission
Format: The classes are e-learning lectures (multimedia presentations) and live e-learning sessions with lecturers. Assessments will take place at the end of each module.
Regular control and monitoring: The Academic Department, composed of 40 tutors, carries out a regular control and monitoring of the student and issues status reports.
Admission modalities and deadlines: The candidate obtains the results of the application review 2 days after submitting their application.
The Master uses the e5 methodology, which is based in the 5 basic pillars of online training: e-learning, expertise, efficiency, employability and enhancement. Classes are delivered through ITAérea’s Virtual Campus, where the student will find all the content and learning resources including:
- Live sessions with teachers via Zoom
- Learning resources
- Periodic monitoring and control: The academic department carries out a periodic monitoring of the student and provides assessment reports
- Evaluations and exams
- Job bank management
Upon satisfactory completion, students will obtain a Master’s degree issued by ITAerea Aeronautical Business School, CIFAL Merida and UNITAR.
Start date and registration
For further information on start dates please contact: email@example.com
Should you need any guidance or additional information, please contact us at:
ITAérea Aeronautical Business School