In an increasingly interconnected, globalized and complex world, where the importance of multilateral dialogue and cooperation is ever growing, the demand for training and capacity development in the field of international relations and diplomacy is constantly rising. In this regard, the establishment of this innovative Online Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy as well as the Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies and the Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomatic Practice between the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and the Open University of Catalonia (UOC) holds great significance.
Registration for the October 2021 intake has begun. Please see the end of this section for the link to apply.
The Master’s in International Affairs and Diplomacy is a UOC-Certified Master’s Degree (awarded according to the rules and regulations set by the Spanish education system). Given its specificity, it does not give general access to Doctoral studies (Ph.D. and similar). Validation of credits for access to such programs can be requested from competent institutions.
The Master’s in International Affairs and Diplomacy is a degree awarded by the UOC ("Título propio" in Spanish).
Universities around the world have different requirements and we are not in a position to certify that all universities will accept the Master’s degree as sufficient.
These online programmes are designed to be perfectly suited to the needs of students and full-time professionals interested in both developing essential knowledge for understanding international affairs, as well as strengthening their capacities in the practice of diplomacy.
The Degrees will allow diplomats, government officials, students and other stakeholders to upgrade their studies and knowledge with a formally recognized degree combining the best of university education and UN executive training.
By the end of the programme, participants will :
- Gain critical understanding of key issues and concepts in world affairs and international relations as well as practical knowledge they could leverage in their professional project
- Master analytical skills and critical thinking
- Be able to perform in both bilateral and multilateral working environments with increased confidence
- Advance their careers in joining a broad group of alumni across the world.
The design and training methodologies devote particular attention to:
- Full online delivery, allowing for a flexible schedule designed to fit the specific needs of full-time working professionals;
- Student-centered approach, in which the learner and the learning experience at the core of the programme;
- Leading-edge insights into prevailing theories and practices;
- Lifelong learning approach, in which the workplace is used as the main learning environment;
- Multi-cultural pedagogy, particularly attentive at the diversity of paradigms, perceptions and intellectual traditions;
- Multi-disciplinary approach.
Full-time students can complete the Online Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy, the Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies or the Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomatic Practice in 2 semesters. Part-time students can complete the programme in 4 semesters.
Application deadline: 29 September 2021
Starting date: 20 October 2021
Online Master in International Affairs and Diplomacy: € 7,408.00
Online Post-Graduate Certificate in Diplomatic Practice: € 3,838.00
Online Post-Graduate Certificate in World Studies: € 3,838.00
Registration links for March 2021 intake
Do you have any further questions?
UNITAR's Division for Multilateral Diplomacy
Phone: +41 (0)22 917 87 16