UNITAR is delighted to offer the Fifth and Sixth editions of the Human Rights Council Training Programme. This course will run in parallel to the real UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and aims at providing participants with in-depth knowledge on human rights and the functioning of the UN`s key body to promote them.
In line with UNITAR's mandate, this programme aspires to enhance participants' knowledge and skills in the areas of human rights and international affairs. This will empower them to take on leadership roles in their respective environments and thereby continue to promote the respect for human rights in the world.
UNITAR further intends to strengthen the participants’ conviction of the principles enshrined in the UN Charter, especially human rights. It lastly aspires to give its participants the opportunity to gain valuable insights into possible employment opportunities in the United Nations system.
UNITAR welcomes a variety of professional backgrounds as well as different degrees of experience among its participants. The Human Rights Council Training Programme is therefore open to all actors related to international affairs who have a genuine passion for human rights.
Participants can include public sector officials, private sector professionals and representatives from NGOs, think tanks or academia. University students and high school students are equally welcome to apply.
In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 50 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate.
In order to register, kindly click on the following button and follow the below steps:
- On the event page, click on "registration". The programme will the be added to your shopping cart.
- Click on the "check out" button
- Create your own profile on the UNITAR event page and fill out the required sections
- Review the correctness of all information and choose payment method: (i) credit card or (ii) bank transfer
- If you choose credit card, your payment is definite and is completed immediately on the spot
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, your payment is not definite yet and could be delayed to a later point in time
- In either of both choices, click on complete payment. UNITAR will follow up with you via email thereafter