WELCOME TO THE HAGUE
This Year, UNITAR is delighted to deliver its next editions of the UN Immersion Programme to the Hague, Netherlands. It will offer participants the chance to fully immerse themselves into the city of peace and justice and thereby gain first-hand experience of the United Nations.
UNITAR will host most of the activities in the historic Peace Palace in The Hague, the headquarters of the International Court of Justice (ICJ). They will consist of a nuanced balance between the following different elements:
- Expert lectures
- Training workshops
- Private guided tours
- Public hearing sessions
The programme´s purpose is to equip participants with knowledge and skills in law and diplomacy, empowering them to work more effectively in any international environment. It further aspires to offer access to The Hague’s UN institutions and staff to build up networks and gain insights into future career steps.
Participants also have the chance to opt for an Immersion Programme premium package. This includes the 3-week UN Human Rights Training Programme as preparatory e-Learning course. It is implemented on the UNITAR online platform directly prior to the field visit and thereby sets the stage for their time at the UN.
It comprises 3 different modules, which can be studied in a self-paced manner and require 6-8 hours of studying per week. In addition, it includes 5 hours of live components per week with UN experts, weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as moderated discussion boards:
- Module 1: The United Nations
- Module 2: Conference Diplomacy
- Module 3: Human Rights, Climate Change, and the SDGs
For premium package participants, accommodation in The Hague during the field visit is included in the fee. UNITAR will provide 6 nights in a reputable hotel in close proximity to the UN institutions (check-in: Sunday before, check-out: Saturday after).
The Immersion Programme is open to everyone with a deep interest in the UN, international law and the city of peace and justice. Participants can come from the public or private sector, NGOs, think tanks and academia. University students and participants from an entirely different background are equally welcome to apply.
In order to ensure the highest quality standards, a maximum of 30 participants per field visit and 50 participants per online training programme will be allowed. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programmes, participants will receive a UNITAR certificate of completion.
Scholarships are available. Please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to register, kindly click on the following links and follow the below steps:
- On the event page, click on "registration". The programme will the be added to your shopping cart.
- Click on the "check out" button
- Create your own profile on the UNITAR event page and fill out the required sections
- Review the correctness of all information and choose payment method: (i) credit card or (ii) bank transfer
- If you choose credit card, your payment is definite and is completed immediately on the spot
- If you choose to pay by bank transfer, your payment is not definite yet and could be delayed to a later point in time
- In either of both choices, click on complete payment. UNITAR will follow up with you via email thereafter