Photo: Svenja Vollmer/ UNITAR
UNITAR Master degrees are fully accredited academic programmes, offered in partnership with the leading higher education institutions and designed to strengthen capacities and knowledge in the field of peace.
The programme examines conflicts in all their dimensions and explores innovative approaches for their management, resolution and transformation.
The degree provides advanced training on electoral processes for current and aspiring election professionals, who would like to further develop their knowledge and skills to work as election administrators and/or to work as a part of Election Management Bodies (EMBs).
The degree combines the art of a conflict sensitive approach to humanitarian and peacebuilding programming with the appreciation of the wider context in which these interventions unfold.
The degree focuses on the study of 70 years of UN action in the fields of peace-making, peacekeeping and peacebuilding.
This postgraduate programme explores a variety of technical and soft skills, needed by personnel working in conflict and post-conflict environments to effectively achieve their mandates while dealing with daily challenges.
Why Choose Our Degrees
- Online delivery, allowing for a flexible schedule designed to fit the specific needs of full-time working professionals
- Student-centred approach, in which the learner and the learning experience are at the core of the programme
- Lifelong learning approach, in which the workplace is used as the main learning environment
- Access to a unique community of top-ranked professionals and researchers from all around the globe
- Focus on cutting-edge issues and current field practices
- Multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary pedagogy
- Direct access to United Nations expertise